- All food eaten except for: 18 grams of almonds (119 calories).
Also, I gave half a Harvest bar to Jean, as well as some unknown
amount of nibblers. On the other side, I accepted a large piece
of banana bread from Lan. I would say the 3087+ calories I brought
was just about right.
- Would be nice to have a carabiner or extra straps, just in case
of equipment failure
- Purell bottle imploded
Things I wish I had:
- A better stove. Kane's MSR stove boiled water much quicker than
my Camping Gaz stove.
- Tick remover
Things I didn't bring but probably should have:
Things that weren't used:
- Mosquito coils. Probably shouldn't bring it unless it's summer
or there's a known problem.
- Extra batteries. Probably don't need extra batteries for a 1-night
- Flash. Might be useful, but I never went through the extra effort
of taking the flash out of the bag and attaching it to my camera.
- Accessory cord, quick-drying towel, Gerber LST knife, small Swiss
army knife, hand creme, extra ziploc bags, extra bite valve, camera
lens tissue, identification, credit card, and $20 bill. These
are all things I would still bring, just in case.
Things I wish were lighter:
- Water filter. I'll look into using SweetWater instead of MSR.
The SweetWater one was much faster, as well.